Enjoy Life in Kingston, Ontario, Canada
- Kingston is recognized as a Top City for raising a family (Today's Parent), and Best Canadian Hotspot for young, talented workers (Next Cities) as well as one of the best places to be a woman in Canada (2019 Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives).
- Striving to be one of the most sustainable cities in Canada. Queen's University, the City of Kingston and various businesses are partners in the "Kingston Protocol for Sustainability"
- Ranked in the top 5 places to live and work in Canada for young professionals by urban guru Richard Florida
Here's what else makes Kingston a great place to live and work:
- A comfortable size (147,000 residents in the region, 123,363 in the City)
- Most walkable/cyclable city in Ontario
- Location on the shores of beautiful Lake Ontario, by the scenic Thousand Islands, the St. Lawrence River, and Rideau Canal with Fort Henry World Heritage Site
- A historic downtown with diverse and eclectic cultural offerings, entertainment and festivals year-round. Independent merchants offer interesting specialty and boutique shopping
- Lots of dining choices to explore and taste farm-to-table cooking
- Exceptional outdoor recreational experiences within minutes of the Queen's campus
- Affordable housing choices in safe, attractive neighbourhoods
- An excellent public school system with many choices
- The advantages of much larger cities with the lifestyle of a small city. 15 minutes is considered a long commute...
Visit City Hall and find out everything you need to know about being a resident of Kingston.