International Visitor Resources

International Academic Visitors

Every year, departments and units at Queen's University welcome international academic visitors to research in collaboration with Queen's faculty, for short term teaching, seminars or lectures, and as academic evaluators.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) requires international visitors to obtain the appropriate documentation to enter and work in Canada. Even visits where no stipend, honorarium or salary is paid may fall under CIC's definition of "work" and require a permit. Visitors from certain countries also require a visa before being allowed to enter Canada.

For detailed information on how to successfully plan a stay for an international academic visitor, including invitation letter templates, pre-travel preparation, health coverage, and information on living in Kingston visit the Queen's International Visitors website.