Financial Services

Financial Services

site header

Useful Tips For Tri-Council Grants

Entry Visa and Passport Renewal Fees

International travel may sometimes be required for the purpose of carrying out research activities. In these cases, the Tri-Council agencies (NSERC, SSHRC and CIHR) will allow entry visa fees for grantees and/or research personnel, for research related travel. Appropriate supporting receipts must be provided for these claims.

Please note that passport renewal fees are not deemed eligible expenses and cannot be charged to research projects.

If you have any questions regarding these details, please do not hesitate to contact Research Accounting at