Sydney Harker is a doctoral candidate under the supervision of Dr. Jane Errington and Dr. Laila Haidarali. Her current research examines how categories of beauty were employed and understood in Ontario from the mid to late nineteenth century.
- "'A Galaxy of Youth and Beauty': Beauty Entertainment in Late Victorian Ontario." Journal of the Canadian Historical Association 32 (2022): 39-66.
- Harker, Sydney and Robynne Rogers Healey. “A Complex Faith: Strategies of Marriage, Family and Community Among Upper Canadian Quakers,1784-1830.” In Quakerism in the Atlantic World, 1690-1830, edited by Robynne Rogers Healey. University Park, PA: Penn State University Press, 2021.
- "The Adolphustown Quakers: Faith, Community, and Marriage Strategies Among the Society of Friends in the Wilderness of Upper Canada." The Canadian Quaker History Journal 81 (2017): 1-16.
- SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship 2018 - 2022
- SSHRC Joseph Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2017-2018
- Canadian Friends Historical Association University Scholarship 2016-17