Katie-Marie completed her B.A. in history at Trent University before she came to Queen’s University for her B.Ed as an intermediate/senior history and geography teacher. Katie-Marie’s M.Ed work combined her interests of history and education as her work focused on the history of education at the Prison for Women (P4W) under the supervision of Prof. Theodore Christou. Her PhD research will explore prisoner aid societies, such as the Elizabeth Fry and John Howard Societies, in the 20th century across Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and the United States under the supervision of Prof. Karen Dubinsky and Prof. Jeff Brison.
- McNeill, KM. (March, 2018). Prison Writing in the British Empire: Connection and Isolation. 24th Annual Underhill Graduate Student Colloquium, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- McNeill, KM. (October, 2017). Fox in the Henhouse: The Penitentiary Service’s Establishment of Vocational Training Programs in Kingston Area Prisons, 1950-1965. 24th Biennial Conference of the Association for Canadian Studies in the United States, Las Vegas, United States.
- McNeill, K.-M. (May, 2017). Isabel Macneill and Reform at the Prison for Women, 1960-1965. Canadian History Association Annual Conference, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- McNeill, K.-M. (May, 2017). Female Leadership in Education at the Prison for Women, 1949-1965. Conference of the Canadian Society for the Study of Education, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- McNeill, K.-M. (October, 2016). Punishment, Control, and Regulation: Educational Opportunities at the Prison for Women, 1934‐2000. Canadian History of Education Association Biennial Conference, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
- McNeill, K.-M. (May, 2016). Education at the Prison for Women: A History. Conference of the Canadian Society for the Study of Education, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- McNeill, K.-M. (February, 2016). Education at the Prison for Women, 1934-2000. Rosa-Bruno Joffre Symposium in Education, Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
- SSHRC Joseph-Armand Bombardier CGS Doctoral Scholarship 2018-2021
- Arthur B. MacDonald Prize for Academic Excellence 2017
- SSHRC Canada Graduate Scholarships - Master's 2016
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (declined) 2016
- Queen’s Graduate Award 2015
- President’s Honour Roll, Trent University 2014
- Alumni Recognition Award, Peter Gzowski College, Trent University 2014