Are you and a team developing an entrepreneurial venture in health innovation? We can provide your team with mentorship, network, and financial support with the flexibility you need to fit your busy schedule.
Drawing inspiration from the WHO Health Innovation Group definition of health innovation, we are searching for teams who want to “develop and deliver new or improved health policies, systems, products and technologies, and services and delivery methods that improve people’s health.” If your team is looking to create distinctive value to unmet needs in the health sector, this program is for you!
Build2Scale Health was an undeniably valuable experience. Boot camp was very thorough and included insightful mentoring, strategic guidance, as well as countless professional resources. We are very thankful to be a part of the DDQIC community which continues to offer opportunities well beyond our graduation from the program.
Co-founder of Remote Optometry, Build2Scale 2020 cohort
A program for entrepreneurial teams who are responding to unmet needs in the health sector. Teams must be comprised of at least two co-founders who can commit to participating in the program. Early stage ideas are welcome!
Two ways to apply:
- Participate full-time in person and receive a 10,000 stipend (maximum 3 stipends available per team)
- Participate part-time virtually with no stipend
May - August 2022
The program includes a live two-week bootcamp, weekly live online training sessions, and weekly update pitches with a community of entrepreneurs and program coaches.
For those participating with a stipend, the program requires you to work on fully in-person at the Rose Innovation Hub on Queen's campus from the second Monday in May to the last Friday in August, dedicating a minimum of full-time hours to their venture for the duration of the program. There are only 2 vacation days afforded to each participant throughout the summer. Full attendance is required for all speakers, workshops, and scheduled events.
For those participating with no stipend, the program will allow you to hold flexible hours and work on your venture virtually at your own pace, but we encourage all teams to take full advantage of program opportunities. Participants can attend as many live sessions as they are able to virtually or watch all content on-demand at their own pace.
Dec. 12, 2022
Deadline to Apply
Jan. 9, 2023 (midnight)
Jan. 17, 2023
The Build2Scale Health program offers several benefits:
- Opportunities to compete for dedicated health innovation seed funding prizes and a grand prize of up to $30,000
- Learn from esteemed faculty, entrepreneurs, and business strategists in DDQIC's network who have experience in health innovation
- Access a curated network of mentors and grow your network in healthcare
- Participate in foundational entrepreneurship training including topics like design thinking, customer discovery, and systems thinking with healthcare-related examples
- Access legal and IP strategy support from legal professionals
- Opportunity to pitch for up to $4,000 in seed funding for your team
This year, our team has launched a new stream titled GrowRural Health. This stream specifically looks for teams with innovative ideas and solutions to improve the health landscape in rural communities. This stream will follow the same application as Build2Scale house and program founders will also be given mentorship, financial support and a network of people that will guide your venture to success.
Health Innovation (Build2Scale Health and GrowRural) is funded by the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario.