Mitacs has launched the faculty application for their 2024 Globalink Research Internship program.
Mitacs Globalink Research Internship is a competitive initiative for international undergraduates from the following countries and regions: Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Pakistan, South Korea, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom and the United States.
From May to October of each year, top-ranked applicants participate in a 12-week research internship under the supervision of Canadian university faculty members in a variety of academic disciplines, from science, engineering, and mathematics to the humanities and social sciences.
What does Globalink Research Internship offer to interns?
Globalink research interns receive:
- A matched project with a Canadian professor and university, based on their research interests, skills, and expertise
- Round-trip airfare to Canada (amount varies depending on country of origin)
- Transportation from airport in Canada to accommodation
- Stipend for housing (amount varies depending on country of origin)
- Health insurance
- Stipend towards student enrollment fees up to a maximum of $300
- Stipend for food and incidentals (amount varies depending on country of origin)
- Support from student mentors on campus in Canada
- Registration for industry events and professional development courses
- Globalink Research Internship certificate of completion