- Application fee: $60 ILOP processing fee
- Program fee: $500
- Costs borne by student: Travel documentation, flights, accommodation, meals, insurance
- Tuition: Payable to Queen's
- Financial assistance: Yes - Exchange bursary for eligible students + funding valued up to $3500 for non-China citizens
- OSAP eligible: Yes
Queen's Semester in Shanghai is a tailored study abroad program that gives you the freedom to choose from a suite of courses in English, pre-approved for Queen's plans, at Fudan University in Shanghai. The program comprises one six-unit core course, plus three three-unit elective courses.
Fudan is one of the most prestigious universities in Asia (in the 2020 QS Global University Ranking, Fudan University ranks 3rd in China and No. 40 in the world), while Shanghai is home to more than 23 million people, and is the largest city proper in the world. It is a global city, home to expatriates from virtually every country in the world. It is the world's fifth largest financial centre, and home to the world's largest container port. It is a city that is buzzing with excitement, breathtaking architecture, and constantly changing before your eyes.
Courses taken in the program are pre-approved for transfer into plans in Film and Media Studies, Geography, Global Development Studies, History, Political Studies, Religious Studies, Sociology, and World Language Studies.
Participating in Semester in Shanghai is an investment in yourself:
- You will stand out from peers when it comes to job applications or graduate school. According to Jane E. Emrich, Assistant Dean of the Faculty of Law, "In fact, participation in an international exchange can be a transformative experience, allowing the student to gain maturity, self-reliance, intercultural competencies, another language fluency and can enhance critical and comparative perspective in a discipline. Therefore a successful completion of an international exchange is viewed positively by admission officers."
- You will be ahead of the curve of globalization and ready to take on the challenges of the 21st century.
- You will benefit from a tailored program that has many unique features compared to regular exchange programs.