Semester in Shanghai is open to:
- all undergraduate students in all plans at Queen's, including degree-seeking online* students.
- all undergraduate students including citizens of the People's Republic of China, Taiwan (ROC) passport holders, and residents of Hong Kong and Macau.
- students who will be entering third year or above in the September the program begins.
- students in good academic standing, with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.6 or higher, at the time of the application deadline.
*if you are a degree-seeking online student in a 3-year program you will need to submit an appeal to the Faculty of Arts and Science to take the Fall semester of your last year away from Queen's. Please note that a successful appeal is not automatically guaranteed.
Applicants must complete the following:
- Online application form with supporting documents uploaded as pdf files:
- Statement of Interest Essay (this document should contain some biographical information, outline your reason for applying, indicate how this program fits into your plan of study and the contributions you think you can make to the program: Length up to 2 pages, double-spaced)
- Copy of unofficial transcript from SOLUS
- Letter of Understanding for Participating in the Semester in Shanghai Program (PDF, 120KB), which must be signed by your Undergraduate Chair
Applications will be evaluated according to:
- Academic performance
- Academic relevance to student's program
- Motivation and preparation
- Clarity of objectives and expectations.
Applications are due online to the International Programs Office by 4 PM EST on Friday, 31 March, 2023. Decisions will be communicated approximately two weeks later via Queen's email.