LING 100 Teaching Assistant
Languages, Literatures and Cultures
Arts and Science
- Calla is a third year Linguistics major from Orillia, Ontario now living in Amherstview just outside of Kingston.
- Her passion for language has always existed, especially in high school where she took three years of Latin and participated in Latin club and Classics Conference. She came to Queen’s with the intention of majoring in Political Studies, but when she took LING 100 in first year as an interest course, she immediately knew it was the perfect major for her.
- She is still figuring out what she wants to do after her undergrad, but is considering careers in Law, Speech Pathology and Education.
- She only speaks English fluently, however, she enjoys taking language courses and took French all throughout high school and has taken courses at Queen’s in both Spanish and German and intends to continue with Latin as well.
- In her second year, she joined the LLCU DSC (Department Student Council) working on an events team to plan and execute events for students within the department.
- She is very excited to be a TA for LING 100 and share her passion for linguistics and education with other students!