LING 100 Teaching Assistant
Languages, Literatures and Cultures
Arts and Science
- Sam is a fifth-year Linguistics major from Cobourg, Ontario.
- He speaks English and French, is learning Spanish, and desires to learn more languages in the future. He took French Immersion from JK to grade 12 and has taken FREN 118 and FREN 150 at Queen's to maintain his written and spoken French abilities. He has also taken SPAN 111 at Queen's as a starting point in his Spanish learning journey.
- Sam began his studies at Queen's as a science student, majoring in Chemistry for the first two years of his degree. While taking LING 100 in his third year, Sam discovered his newfound passion for studying language, which inspired him to change paths and pursue a degree in Linguistics.
- As a Residence Don, Sam is passionate about leadership and finds joy in assisting first-year students as they adjust to life at university!
- As he completes his final year at Queen's, Sam is considering what comes after graduation. He is exploring careers in the fields of Speech-Language Pathology, Education, Translation, and Research.
- Sam looks forward to sharing his love and passion for leadership, teaching, and LING 100 with everyone this year!