The Wings program provides early stage founders with tools and guidance to help them assess the feasibility of their business idea, validate their proposed value proposition, and begin the development of a viable business model. By participating in engaging small group workshops and individual coaching by experienced mentors, entrepreneurs can expect to:
- Use a structured approach to define their value proposition and target customer
- Learn Customer Discovery methodology, conduct interviews with representatives of the company's target customer segment and refine their value proposition based on results
- Develop a preliminary business model identifying target customers, value proposition, initial go-to-market strategy and revenue model
- Develop and refine competitive market positioning using the 5-Ds of differentiation
- Develop and deliver a business pitch that describes their proposed business model and differential in the market
- Gain an understanding of the services and resources available to them through the Queen's Partnerships & Innovation ecosystem.
This program is available to early stage knowledge-based company founders based in Kingston and Eastern Ontario. The founders should have a product idea identified, with at least a prototype or alpha version created or a proof of concept in the case of products with significant research and development requirements.
The program spans 10 weeks and is delivered virtually. Participants must commit to attend all four day-long sessions and to work towards the program milestones between sessions – all of which will have direct business relevance.