Cybersecurity 101 for Remote Workers
DateThursday April 16, 2020
10:00 am - 11:00 am
About this Event
Remote working has become a reality for millions of workers overnight. In this season of social distancing, we are now accessing employer networks and sensitive data on a regular basis.
COVID-19 has resulted in a substantial increase in cyber attacks and fraudulent activities which pose risks to our homes and remote workplaces.
The stakes are high: employers are under already under great financial strain as they adjust to the new realities of our economy. A data breach or compromised network can result in a financial loss, damage to company reputation, loss of time and resources and potentially loss of clients.
In this webinar, participants will:
- Be introduced to the concept of cybersecurity
- Receive practical tips and advice for adopting secure remote work practices
- Gain fundamental skills, tools and resources to safeguard remote workplaces from cyber-attacks and fraud
- Be made aware of common and COVID-19 related scams
- Learn about cyber-threats such as Malware, social engineering, phishing, etc.
This workshop will also cover:
- Password Management (practices and tools)
- VPN and Wifi access, firewalls, anti-virus, multi-factor authentication and file sharing
- Related free and/or inexpensive tools and resources
- New remote workers