Future Readiness & Tax Obligations for Business Owners
DateTuesday May 30, 2023
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Join Rémi Straus, CPA, CA on May 30 to learn about how to be "future thinking" about your startup or small business.
This presentation will discuss:
- Bookkeeping - what it is, how it is different from accounting, the importance of quality bookkeeping
- Small business taxes - a general overview of taxation for small business and what you need to know to make sure you are ready for your business' financial year-end
- Common write offs for entrepreneurs / small business owners
- CRA penalties and interest and how they are applied
- Strategies - keep on top of your books each month
Note: Registrants will be sent a link to connect to the session 24 hours prior to the start time.
Live Zoom transcription will be enabled during this event.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Rémi Straus, CPA, CA is the Founder and Principal of 3 Peaks CPA. Rémi is an open-minded, collaborative, innovative CPA who assimilates information and integrates diverse ideas quickly to build resilience in organizations and maximize their impact. Rémi is available to provide strategic accounting and financial expertise for sustainable, long-term futures. He has over a decade in public accounting trained technical expertise to guide owner-managed SMEs in their accounting needs (GAAP, financial statements, succession planning, income tax, GST/HST, forecasting, business valuations) in multiple industries and since launching 3 Peaks CPA, he has been developing credentials in sustainability reporting (UN SDPI), ESG (FSA Credential), and business valuations (CBV).
ABOUT QUEEN'S PARTNERSHIPS AND INNOVATION:
Queen's University’s Partnerships and Innovation (QPI) supports the Research Portfolio’s mission to be an essential catalyst for advancing research and knowledge mobilization, strengthening Queen’s local, national and global impact.