The first Queen's Observatory was established in 1855, the beginning of a long and distinguished history of sharing the secrets of the universe at Queen's University. The current Observatory houses a 14-inch reflecting telescope in a dome on the roof of Ellis Hall, used primarily for student training and public demonstrations. The Queen's Observatory is a non-profit facility run by the Queen's University Astronomy Research Group and the Queen's Physics Department. It is staffed by graduate and undergraduate students in Astronomy. For well over a century, the Queen's Observatory has been providing access to the campus and community through its student training and public programs.