Office of Post-Doctoral Training



Post-Doctoral Training

School of Graduate Studies

site header

Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN)

In order to receive pay through Queen’s payroll, you require a Social Insurance Number (SIN). More information is available on the Government of Canada website.

You can obtain your SIN at Service Canada: Frontenac Mall , Floor 1, 1300 Bath Road. This location is serviced by Kingston Transit Express Bus No.701/702.  

You will need your passport and work permit to apply for your SIN. If you are a temporary worker you will be given a temporary SIN number that will have an expiry date.

If you are a temporary foreign worker (on a work permit) and apply for permanent residence status, you must reapply for a permanent SIN once your permanent residence status is confirmed.