Office of Post-Doctoral Training



Post-Doctoral Training

School of Graduate Studies

site header

Employment for Spouses/Partners

Spouses of international post-docs may be eligible to work in Canada, but must first obtain employment authorization. This can be done once the post-doc and their spouse have arrived here in Canada. More information and forms are available from Citizenship & Immigration Canada.

Please note that securing employment for your spouse or partner is not the responsibility of Queen’s University or any department or office within Queen’s. Finding a job that matches your spouse’s or partner’s skills, education and qualifications may take time. Locally, there are many programs and services that can help your spouse or partner get the process started. Please see our list of resources for more information on employment options.

Queen's University International Centre provides a guide for international spouses - you will find information on work permits and visas, as well as on finding a community, working and volunteering, and staying well.