I. Terms of Reference
To assist with the implementation of the recommendations contained in the Teaching and Learning Action Plan (PDF 600 KB) such as:
- Provide direction to the teaching and learning unit (Recommendation 2).
- Make recommendations on educational technology in consultation with appropriate groups in Queen’s Information Technology governance structures.
- Oversee the creation of university-level learning outcomes (as set out in Recommendation 14).
- Develop a teaching enhancement program.
- Advise on the direction of the learning analytics program (Recommendation 4), along with director of OIRP and ad hoc members.
- Ensure alignment between teaching and learning services and faculties’ priorities.
- To formulate and recommend to the provost and vice-principal (academic) institutional policy and priorities on teaching and learning.
- To advise the vice-provost (teaching and learning) on all matters regarding teaching and learning.
- To ensure appropriate communication and collaboration among faculties and shared services with regard to matters of teaching and learning.
- To ensure that student perspectives are included in developing supports for faculty and graduate student teaching assistants and fellows to improve the overall student learning experience at Queen’s.
Some of these activities may require the formation of a subcommittee with appropriate members to take on specific tasks, such as eLearning coordination, strategic redevelopment program, assessment, etc.
II. Committee Membership
|J. Atkinson||Arts and Sciences Dean's Representative|
|J. Emrich||Law Dean's Representative|
|J. Magee||Institutional Research and Planning Representative|
|L. Flynn||Health Sciences Dean's Representative|
|S. Fostaty Young||Interim Director, Centre for Teaching and Learning|
|B. Frank||Engineering and Applied Sciences Dean's Representative|
|J. Hill||Director of Indigenous Initiatives|
|P. Chin||Education Dean's Representative|
|J. Göllner||AMS Representative|
|J. Doyle||IT Services Representative|
|L. Garnier||Smith School of Business Dean's Representative|
|S. Simpson||Equity Office Representative|
|M. Straznicky||School of Graduate Studies Dean's Representative|
|A. Tierney||Student Affairs Representative|
|M. Whitehead||Library Representative|
|TBD||Faculty at Large|
|C. Lloyd||Bader International Study Centre|
Chair: K. Kolomitro, Vice-Principal (Teaching and Learning)
Secretary: P. Watkin, Associate Director, Office of the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic)