The Academic Operations Group (AOG) will provide oversight for the implementation of academic programming for the 2020-21 year. The AOG will work closely with the Campus Operations Group and the Research Impacts Group to support the phased return of campus operations. The Principal and Senior Leadership Team will be responsible for strategic direction and decisions.
2020-21 Planning - Organizational Chart Overview (PDF, 126 KB)
Academic Operations Overview (PDF, 158 KB)
The AOG will meet weekly to receive updates from sub-groups and operational teams with information pertaining to the mandate of the AOG. The Campus Operations Group Chair and Research Impacts Group Chair will attend AOG meetings to consult with the group as needed. David Walker, Special Advisor to the Principal on COVID-19 and Heather Cole, Special Advisor and Executive Director, Principal’s Office will liaise with Public Health on behalf of the AOG. Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic) Mark Green will bring strategic decisions and information updates forward to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) on behalf of the AOG.
The AOG will be mindful of equity, diversity, inclusion and Indigeneity (EDII) considerations and their work will be guided by the principles developed by the Principal’s COVID-19 Response Steering Committee.
Academic Operations Group Membership
- Chair: Mark Green, Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic)
- Committee Support: Carlyn McQueen, Information and Project Coordinator, and Lori Stewart, Executive Director, Office of the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic)
- Justine Aman, President, Society of Graduate & Professional Students
- Brenda Brouwer, Interim Dean, Smith School of Business
- Heather Cole, Senior Advisor and Executive Director, Principal’s Office
- Barbara Crow, Dean, Faculty of Arts and Science
- Kevin Deluzio, Dean, Faculty of Engineering & Applied Science
- Sandra den Otter, Associate Vice-Principal (Research and International)
- Michael Fraser, Vice-Principal University Relations
- Hugh Horton, Vice-Provost and Executive Director, BISC
- Rebecca Luce-Kapler, Dean, Faculty of Education
- Jane Philpott, Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences
- John Pierce, Vice-Provost, Teaching and Learning
- Fahim Quadir, Vice Provost and Dean, School of Graduate Studies
- Stephanie Simpson, Associate Vice Principal Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion
- Teri Shearer, Deputy Provost (Academic Operations and Inclusion)
- Ann Tierney, Vice-Provost and Dean, Student Affairs
- Mark Asberg, Vice-Provost and University Librarian
- David Walker, Special Advisor to the Principal on COVID-19
- Mark Walters, Dean, Faculty of Law
Academic Operations Sub-Working Groups
- Academic Operations Working Group
- Graduate Working Group
- Student Support Operations Group
- Enrolment and Retention Marketing Group, and
- Strategic Enrolment Management COVID-19 Group
See the Academic Operations Group overview (PDF, 158 KB) for sub-working group descriptions and membership.