Information about COVID-19 vaccine safety
Education is a key component of overcoming vaccine hesitancy in our communities. Health researchers, clinicians, and governments in Canada and across the world have deemed COVID-19 vaccinations safe and effective and view them as the primary driver of our return to normal activities.
Experts at Toronto’s Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre have created an informative COVID-19 vaccination learning module that will guide users through key vaccination facts. The module includes information on how COVID-19 vaccines work, vaccine safety, benefits of becoming vaccinated, as well as risks of not becoming vaccinated. It also includes information on possible side effects.
Explore Sunnybrook’s COVID-19 vaccination learning module.
Other vaccine safety resources
A national campaign called This Is Our Shot has united healthcare professionals, communities, the private sector, and others to champion COVID-19 vaccinations and educate on their efficacy, safety, and benefits.
The governments of Ontario and Canada have several educational links on COVID-19 vaccinations as well, which include information on:
- COVID-19 vaccine safety
- COVID-19 vaccine information sheet (PDF 420 KB)
- Ontario’s COVID-19 vaccination plan
- COVID-19 Vaccine Video Q&A with Ontario’s Medical Professionals
- What being vaccinated against COVID-19 means for me
- Ask the experts video series: COVID-19 vaccines questions
- The facts about COVID-19 vaccines
- What to expect at your COVID-19 vaccination
- COVID-19: Vaccine safety and side effects
- Approved COVID-19 vaccines