What happens in 4th year?
- Sociology Majors take two (2) 400/500 level seminar courses (max 25 students) in addition to the remaining degree requirements.
- Sociology Medials take one (1) 400/500 level seminar course (max 25 students) in addition to the remaining degree requirements.
Am I eligible?
- A 2.6 GPA based on SOCY 210, SOCY 211, SOCY 226 and SOCY 227 and 18.0 units from SOCY option courses
- A minimum of 84.0 units by September 1, 2022
What should I do next?
- Choose your top 5 choices for 400/500 level seminar courses. Preview the list of seminar courses being offered for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- If you are interested in the Walls to Bridges seminar, please fill out the application and submit to the Philosophy department.
- Fill out the online fillable Pre-registration Questionnaire.
- Send the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop form in the essay slot in the sociology office (D431).
What is the Sociology Thesis option?
- SOCY520 Thesis Option 6.0 F/W
- In addition to their 400/500 level seminars, students may choose to undertake a Sociology thesis. This is a full year course, working on a specific topic with the supervision of a Professor, producing a thesis of around 50-75 pages in length (15,000 words). To discuss this option please contact Professor Thomas Abrams.