All faculty, staff, and students participating in in-person university activities must secure approval to be on campus under the Policy Regarding Mandatory Vaccination Requirements for In-Person University Activities (“Policy”). Students may request an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code with respect to vaccination status through the process below which requires a formal request with supporting documentation.
Students vaccinated outside of Canada who are required to get additional doses in order to be considered fully vaccinated in Ontario do not need to apply for this accommodation. However, all individuals who are not fully vaccinated must adhere to additional health and safety measures, including, but not limited to, twice weekly rapid testing and the university’s enhanced precautions until 14 days after their final vaccine dose.
A - Get registered for the QSAS Accommodation System:
Compose and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your @queensu.ca email account
- Subject line: "COVID Vaccine Accommodation Request"
- My name is: (provide your full name)
- My student number is: (provide your Queen's student number)
- I would like to request access to your system so that I may upload my Accommodation regarding Mandatory Vaccine form.
*If you do not include BOTH your full name and your student number, you will not receive a reply and you will not be registered to proceed.
*DO NOT attach your request form to this email.
*If you are already registered with Queen’s Student Accessibility Services (QSAS), please still follow this procedure. A meeting with your advisor is not required for this process.
B - Complete the appropriate form:
While you are awaiting to be registered in the QSAS Accommodation System, please complete the appropriate form and have it signed by the appropriate practitioner or Religious/Spiritual Leader.
- Request for Medical Accommodation re Mandatory Vaccination for in-person university activities – PDF (530.1 KB)
- To be signed by your Physician/Nurse Practitioner
- Request for Creed/Religious Accommodation re Mandatory Vaccination for in-person university activities – PDF (275.1 KB)
- To be signed by your Religious/Spiritual Leader
You will receive an email reply from QSAS with a link and instruction for the QSAS Accommodation System.
- Click the link provided in the email and upload your completed and signed Accommodation Request form
Once you have submitted your completed form, you can expect to receive an email from QSAS outlining whether your requested accommodation is approved, and if so, where to find your Accommodation Letter.
- Your Accommodation Letter will include specific health and safety measures you are required to comply with as part of this mandatory vaccination accommodation.
- A member of the QSAS team may need to follow up with you if there are any questions about the documentation you have submitted.
Once you have put in an accommodation request and are awaiting a decision, you can come to campus but will be required to adhere to additional measures including, but not limited to, twice weekly rapid testing.
- If your accommodation is approved, it must be in place by Oct. 15, 2021 and you must continue to adhere to additional safety measures after that date.
- If your accommodation is not approved and you remain unvaccinated, you will not be permitted to take part in in-person university activities after Oct. 15, 2021.
If You Have Questions About...
- The vaccine accommodation process: please email email@example.com.
- The Queen's University vaccination requirements: please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Getting a COVID-19 vaccine: you can book a medical phone appointment with a physician at Student Wellness Services to discuss any concerns.