To get you to think deeper about key questions related to the assessment of student learning, take a moment to reflect on the following questions:
- What is your view of the role that assessment plays in student learning and motivation?
- What is the philosophy of your department about assessing student learning?
- What kinds of learning in your discipline are particularly difficult to measure and why?
- How can you use assessment as a window into what students have learned and where they are stumbling?
- If there was one thing about assessment of students in university courses that you can change, what would it be and why?