University Research Services

University Research Services
University Research Services

Manage Research Funds

Scientist in the lab looking at samples Congratulations on your funding award!

Here are the next steps for managing your research funds:

  1. Forward your notice of award to URS. Initiate an account set-up by creating an Amendment Form within the TRAQ DSS and attach the notice of decision. You can also forward your notice of award to your research projects advisor. 
  1. Complete any certification processes that are required for your research project (e.g. animal care, human ethics, biohazard, radiation safety). Contact a research facilitator when you have received all the required approvals. Funds will not be released until certifications are approved.
    More information about Research Ethics 
  1. A research facilitator will send all the required information to Research Accounting to have your project set up for you. Research Accounting will send you an email requesting a full budget and signature authorization form from you. You will be informed when your project has been set up. 
  1. If you need to transfer funds to co-applicants at other institutions during a project, contact a research facilitator.   
  1. For institutional grants, you will receive an Award Agreement from the URS institutional programs departmental coordinator. E-mail approval is required to initiate PeopleSoft Project set-up at Queen's Research Accounting.  
  1. For CFI awards, a finalization meeting will be set up to explain the next steps.  
  1. You will be contacted by your research projects advisor about annual reporting requirements. Annual reports are submitted by URS; annual/bi-annual financial reports are submitted by Research Accounting. 

Learn more: