March 16, 2020 To ensure the health and safety of staff as well as maintain animal welfare, a decision was made to decrease the number of employees within the facility.
As a result, we are also requesting that:
- Breeding be maintained at a minimum to maintain rodent lines
- Existing experiments be completed, but no new longitudinal experiments started
- Entry into the facility be minimised by research staff
- Animal orders from commercial suppliers will be suspended
- Imports / exports of rodent lines will be suspended
- All fee for service work will be suspended
We will be regularly reviewing our operations in the coming days based on the information available. We encourage everybody to keep updated by going to the University COVID-19 website as well as the VPR COVID-19 website on a regular basis.