The Vice-Principal Research (VPR) portfolio continues to monitor the increased risk in transmission from the variants of concern. It is strongly recommended that those who can get fully vaccinated, do so. The VPR supports the goal of KFL&A to have all residents vaccinated by early August 2021 .
Under the provincial regulations for Step 3 of the Reopening Ontario Plan , health and safety measures, such as face coverings, physical distancing, and screening, remain in place. The regulations no longer require non-essential work to be conducted remotely. Return to non-essential on-campus operations will be guided by each Faculty/School's specific operational needs, provincial regulations, and the Campus Re-Opening Framework .
As on-site and off-site research activities increase approval through the relevant Faculty Associate Dean of Research is still required. View request forms.
The following guidelines are in place for the Research Community:
- Unless you are fully vaccinated, it is strongly recommended to avoid high-risk regions;
- Self-isolation is not required upon returning to the Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington (KLF&A) region, however, enhanced precautions are required ;
- Extra precaution is required when entering vulnerable communities and permission must be obtained in advance;
- When visiting other regions, follow the guidelines in place by the local health unit;
- With or without vaccination, continue to monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.
As always, please check the VPR COVID-19 website for important links and additional updates.
Your Associate Deans of Research may also provide additional details and guidance on matters particular to your Faculty, and they are your first point of contact for questions:
- Faculty of Arts and Science: Nick Mosey () firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Education: Amanda Cooper () email@example.com
- Faculty of Engineering and Applied Sciences: Amir Fam () firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Health Sciences: Steven Smith () email@example.com
- Faculty of Law: Joshua Karton () firstname.lastname@example.org
- Smith School of Business: Yolande Chan () email@example.com
Global Travel Advisory remains in place and all university-sponsored international travel continues to be suspended. Requests for a waiver to enable essential international travel for research should be made to the ; the waiver is contingent upon successful completion of the Vice-Provost InternationalOff-Campus Activity Safety Policy (OCASP) .The Government of Canada