View the example page to see this paragraph-type in action.
Guidelines for use
- This paragraph is always used at 100% of the page container (not the browser window)
- Upload your video content to your desired streaming platform. IT Services offers a centrally offered Streaming service (Ensemble Video) that is available to all faculty and staff members on campus. More information is available on our Streaming Service page.
Title: An optional <h2> heading that will precede the video on the page. Maximum character count: 100.
Body: Optional <p> paragraph text that will precede the video on the page. Maximum character count: 300
Video: Add the URL of the video that you'd like to embed. If embedding from the Queen's Streaming service (i.e., Ensemble), use the format: ensemble:aaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddd, where "aaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddd" is the video's content ID.
Caption: Optional. It will appear as <p> paragraph text, left-aligned below the video. Maximum character count: 250.
Video credit: Recommended. It will appear as <p> paragraph text, right-aligned below the video in the. Maximum character count: 120.
Use the video embed paragraph when you wish to display video content on your site.
Text will likely wrap if it is on one line on desktop.
How to implement
Create a Basic Page.
Scroll down to the Paragraphs section, click the drop-down arrow, and click "Add Video Embed"
Proceed to the Overview of a Video Embed section of this page
Once you've added your Video Embed content, choose your publishing options and click Save at the bottom of the page.
Overview of a Video Embed
- Click and drag the crosshairs handle to rearrange your paragraphs.
- Remove this entire paragraph.
- (Optional) Title - this title appears centered above the video content
- (Optional) Body - this body appears centered above the video content. Recommended limit: 300 characters.
- Grey Background Toggle - if this option is unchecked, the divider will appear on a white background. If it is checked, it will appear with a grey background. Only use the grey background if you are adding a divider between two paragraphs that also use a grey background.
- Video - this field references the video that you'd like to embed. The video will need to be hosted on one of the following applications: YouTube, Vimeo, or the Queen's Streaming Service (Ensemble). Follow the screen tips to ensure the proper url/formatting is used for the URL.
- (Optional) Caption: provide a description or contextual information about the video. It will appear . left-aligned below the video.
- (Optional) Video credit: provide information about who created the image. It will appear right-aligned below the video.
- (Optional) Anchor ID: add a unique anchor ID if you'd like to link to this specific section of the page from another location.