Employment Equity Framework
A Comprehensive Strategic Framework for Employment Equity will serve the university in the following ways:
- Develop plans to address employment equity in priority areas
- Establish shared accountability and responsibility for the recruitment and retention of designated equity groups at Queen’s University
- Strategically prioritize measures to address the goals and requirements of FCP
- Provide educational opportunities about employment equity to improve understanding of equity issues and the university obligations in federal contractors program compliance
Employment Equity Framework Update:
The Employment Equity Framework has been reviewed by the Vice-Principal’s Operations Committee (VPOC) and has received approval from the Principal and Vice Principal’s Executive Committee (PVP). Integral to the new Employment Equity Framework are three working groups, to be led by senior administrators at the University.
The three working groups are; Communication, Training and Awareness, Climate and Work-life Cycleand Accountability. The Leads for each working group are listed below as well as a brief outline of the mandate and key goals for each working group.
Communication, Training and Awareness:
Yvonne Cooper – Director, University Communications(Lead)
- Provide educational opportunities regarding employment equity to improve understanding of equity issues and the university’s obligations for Employment Equity compliance
- Develop content for employment equity related publications to educate the university community
Climate and Work-life Cycle:
Teri Shearer – Deputy Provost (Lead)
- Develop strategies for actionable changes to human resources practices and systems to eliminate barriers to the hiring, selection and training of members of equity seeking groups
- Develop initiatives to assist in the retention and promotion of members of equity seeking groups
Dan Bradshaw– Associate Vice-Principal, Human Resources(Lead)
- Collect workforce information and conduct workforce data analysis
- Establish short-term and long-term numerical goals.
- Ensure the implementation of special measures and actions to support the achievement of a representative workforce