Position Available: Researcher, summer projects
Temporary, 3.5 months, Full time, School of Graduate Studies
The appointee will provide leadership and management of key summer projects. He or she will work closely with the deans to identify the scope and expected deliverables with respect to special initiatives including:
- Development of ‘grab and go’ toolkits to assist departments with their recruitment efforts including webinars, fairs, web-pages (kits to include instructions, key messaging, slide decks, best practices, etc)
- Develop a public YouTube channel to enhance outreach to a broader audience by capitalizing on existing program-based video and archived material.
- Develop a Building and maintaining a good Supervisor-Student relationship framework that aligns with grad maps and best practices.
- Assist with the Expanding Horizons review and orientation planning.
- Develop a resource repository for PhD students transitioning to career.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- This position requires excellent written and oral communication, sound judgement, independent decision-making, superior time-management, resourcefulness, and personal initiative.
Recent PhD graduate with a proven record of effective project management. Skills required include:
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to develop structure and framework around ambiguous or abstract ideas/concepts
- Ability to coordinate and manage demands, projects, and tasks, to meet milestones and deadlines
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are critical to work effectively with individuals and groups.
- Experience with focus groups and the development online surveys
- Analytical and interpretive skills. Ability to synthesize information from a wide variety of sources and advise accordingly
Please submit a brief cover letter indicating the skills you bring to the job (no more than one page) and a resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘summer project job’ in the subject line.
Applications are due by 4:00 pm, Monday, May 1st. The expected start date is May 22nd, 2017