Completed in 1952, this building is the second oldest residence on campus. It is located at the corner of University Avenue and Stuart Street.
Adelaide Hall was made possible by a gift from Adelaide McLaughlin, the wife of R.S. McLaughlin, who was President of General Motors of Canada and a generous benefactor of Queen's University.
The building was erected because of the urgent need for a new women's residence; for thirty years the only residence on campus had been Ban Righ Hall and there were nowhere near enough places for all applicants.
Adelaide Hall still serves as a women-only residence. It was built to connect with Ban Righ Hall and is faced with Queenston limestone.
Learn more about Adelaide Hall...