Home to the Smith School of Business, Goodes Hall opened in 2002 and was established through fundraising and the Ontario Superbuild program. The facility is named after Mary and Cedric Goodes, parents of benefactor Melvin Goodes (Com '57).
At a cost of over $25 million to build, Goodes Hall occupies a renovated and expanded former 1892 schoolhouse, the Victoria School, preserving the building's heritage and combining it with the contemporary design, architecture and cutting-edge learning tools of a modern business school.
The building is equipped with state of the art information technology systems and video conferencing, greatly enlarged lecture halls, a sophisticated architectural design, and increased resources. The 188,000 square foot facility includes a large central atrium, 16 classrooms, 20 meeting rooms, as well as faculty and administrative offices.
Goodes Hall was conceived, designed and constructed not just as a building, but also as a community. The guiding principle from the outset was to create a space that would enable maximum interaction between the School’s students, faculty and staff. This new home brought all of the School's faculty, staff, and students under one roof for the first time.
The building’s west wing, which opened in 2012, has been LEED ® Gold certified.
Learn more about the Smith School of Business...