Grey House

[photo of the Grey House in winter]

Located at 51 Bader Lane (formerly Queen's Crescent), the Grey House was built in 1900 by David Murray, a nephew of Dr. John Clarke Murray, a philosophy professor at Queen's from 1862 to 1872, who in 1869 became the first professor at the university to offer courses to women (see Admission of Women at Queen's).

The Grey House is the last of the original Victorian houses on Bader Lane.

A number of service and resource groups currently share space in the Grey House, which is owned by the university and administered by the managers of the John Deutsch University Centre. The House also provides meeting spaces and informal study areas for use by students and others.