Richardson, George

Professor Richardson joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering in 1965 and introduced the university's first courses in the history of engineering.

His book Queen's Engineers: A Century of Applied Science (1893-1993) traces the history of the Engineering and Applied Science faculty from its beginnings as the Ontario School of Mining and Agriculture in 1893 until its 100th anniversary in 1993.

It examines the development of the various engineering departments, the contributions of the deans, the achievements of alumni, the arrival of women in the faculty (see Women at Queen's, Admission of), and various aspects of student life, including initiation rites, the Science Formal, life in boardinghouses and residences, and the birth of the engineering society and the Science '44 Co-op.

See also: