Watson Hall

[photo of Watson Hall]Completed in 1967, Watson Hall is named after John Watson (1847-1939), a professor of Philosophy at Queen's from 1872 until 1924 and Vice-Principal from 1901 to 1924.

The concrete structure was the first at Queen's to be built without limestone facing and, as such, faced considerable hostility from traditionalists on campus when it was constructed.

Watson Hall houses various Humanities departments, including Classics, History, English, and Philosophy.