Undergraduate Admission, Queen's University, Canada

Queen's University Queen's University

Admissions Site Title

How to Submit Documents

Please have your school, governing body or test centre send us your documents.

Documents may be submitted by:

Undergraduate Admission and Recruitment
Queen's University
Gordon Hall
74 Union Street
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
K7L 3N6

Transcripts mailed directly from the student will only be deemed official if they are forwarded by the student in the original signed and sealed envelope. Transcripts that have been previously opened by the student and then forwarded will be deemed unofficial.

Photocopies will be deemed official only if they are certified by the school principal, head or counsellor AND sent from the school in a sealed school envelope.

Notarized copies will be deemed unofficial.

Submitting your final transcript

Depending on the province/country where you are currently enrolled in school, your final transcript should be sent to us from:

Canadian Province/Country

Send transcript from:


Directly from your high school

AB, YK, NU, SK, NT Directly from your Ministry of Education
BC Automatically sent via OUAC if BC Personal Education Number and Student Transcript Service connected


Automatically sent via OUAC


Automatically sent via OUAC if Quebec CEGEP code is present


Directly from your high school


Directly from your high school or exam board

What is an official document?
An official document must:
  • bear the original institutional seal, stamp, or signature
  • be in the original language
  • be sent directly by your school

What if I am unable to submit official documents?

Whenever possible, we expect students will submit official documents in support of their application.  However, at the discretion of the Undergraduate Admission and Recruitment office, unofficial documents will be considered. Students who are admitted based on unofficial documents will be required to submit official documents by the deadline specified on their SOLUS Student Centre.  For more information, please review our guidelines on unofficial documents.

What if my official documents are in a language other than English?

All students with non-English transcripts must:

  1. Submit an official transcript(s) in the original language subject to the guidelines above.

  2. Submit a copy of the official transcript(s) in the original language accompanied by a certified translation.

A certified translation must be issued by one of the following:

  • The Canadian consulate, high commission or embassy in the country where the documents were issued
  • A translator accredited by a professional association of translators in Canada. To obtain the name of an accredited translator, contact the Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario (ATIO) at 1.800.234.5030 (within Canada only) or 613.241.2846, info@atio.on.ca, ATIO website
    • If ATIO is unable to provide a translator for the language you require, you may contact COSTI Immigrant Services to arrange for an acceptable translation.
      Contact COSTI at: phone 416.534.7400, ext. 222, fax: 416.534.2482, costi.org
  • A translator who has received accreditation through a federal, provincial or municipal government in Canada

The translator must include:

  • a photocopy of the document(s) from which the translation was prepared
  • an original statement indicating:
    • that the translation is accurate and authentic
    • that the translator belongs to one of the categories listed above (identification number and/or seal, name, address, and telephone number required)
    • their printed name and signature

Documents submitted to Queen's University in support of an application become the property of the University and will not be returned to the applicant.

At our discretion, Queen’s may request original documents and/or submit documents for verification to the institutions that issued them.

Please do not submit additional information (e.g., letters of reference, certifications) as they will not be considered by the Selection Committee and will be destroyed.

[students on campus]