New Faculty Appointments
Equity Services is mandated to collect, track and report on equity data as it pertains to the faculty applicants. Under the Queen's University Faculty Association (QUFA) collective agreement, the equity data is further used to inform the Employment Equity Representative (EE Rep) during the hiring process and Equity Services in completing compliance reports to the Joint Committee for the Administration of the Agreement (JCAA). Please refer to Article 24 of the QUFA CA found below:
This monitoring is done through the Queen’s Equity Appointments Process (QEAP) Application. The QEAP is an innovative web application that collects, tracks, and reports on employment equity data. The QEAP is able to verify that all hiring committee members have received the appropriate mandatory employment equity training (developed and delivered by the Human Rights and Equity Office).
After receiving 6 hours of employment equity training, the “Employment Equity Representative” can access QEAP to determine which designated groups are the most under-represented in the unit (this information is taken from the ICOUNT Queen’s Equity Census and imported into the system). This information will influence the unit’s recruitment strategy.
The QEAP application also does the following:
- QEAP asks what measures have been taken to attract and recruit members of designated groups.
- QEAP sends self-identification questionnaires to all applicants inviting them to complete the questionnaire in confidence, only the Employment Equity Representative has access to this confidential information. This information helps to ascertain whether there is a diverse pool of qualified applicants and also aids in decision making with respect to job offer.
- QEAP is able to track the diversity of the applicant pool from total applicants, to longlist, shortlist, invited to interview, ranking and ultimately, job offer.
- If the candidate who is offered the job has not self-identified in the unit’s most under-represented group, QEAP prompts the Employment Equity Representative to provide the committee’s rationale.
- Lastly, a summary report is sent to the unit head as well as the Provost’s Office for monitoring purposes.
New Staff Appointments
In Fall 2017, the Principal and Vice-Principals approved the implementation of an equity hiring process for Staff recruitment. Mandatory implementation of an employment equity program for Staff began in January 2019. All members of Staff Hiring committees are required to complete the . Employment Equity Staff Hiring Training
Employment Equity Representatives
- Attend the Employment Equity Representatives Training session provided by the Human Rights and Equity Office
- Contact email@example.com to request access to the QEAP Application
- Review the recruitment practices, step by step guide (For Staff EE Reps): Recruitment Practices - Step by Step
- Review the resource Standard EDII Language in Job Descriptions
- Review the QEAP User Manual:QEAP User Manual
- Frequently asked questions for and Staff ProcessesFaculty Processes
- Access the Application: QEAP Online Application