Principal's Development Fund
The Principal's Development Fund supports both Queen's and international scholars through:
International Visitors Program
Administered by the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic) – Office of the Associate Vice-Principal (International)
- International Visiting Scholars (Open Competition including from Partner Institutions of the Matariki Network of Universities)
- Queen’s Visitors to Partner Institutions of the Matariki Network of Universities
Support for Visiting Scholars
Administered by the Dean of the appropriate faculty or school.
Requests for funding in support of Visiting Scholars (international and domestic) may be made to a fund apportioned to and administered by the deans of schools and faculties. Special consideration will be given to requests that promote the university’s internationalization, diversity and inclusion objectives.
Principal's Student Initiatives Fund
The Student Initiatives Fund supports student participation in projects devoted to the principles of personal growth and/or community service. Projects should provide educational opportunities such as participation in competitions, symposia, conferences, festivals and community development projects. The project must not be related to academic programs such as a class lecture, lab, practicum, internship or work placement.
When putting your proposal together please be sure to include the following:
- a complete outline of your initiative
- a detailed budget that includes: all income to date; projected expenses; a list of all fundraising activities; a list of departments, faculties and outside organizations you have approached for funding, and the outcome of those requests
- your deadline for a response
- your contact information (phone, address, and email)
- the amount of funding you are requesting from the Student Initiatives Fund.
Christine Berga in the Principal's Office.For inquiries, contact