Spring is here and change is in the air – not just on campus, but also at the Queen’s Alumni Review, where our first issue of 2021 marks a new beginning and a brand-new look.
It’s a change that’s been in the works for almost a year as we connected with our alumni around the world, incorporated community feedback, and took a deep dive into readership surveys to find out what people wanted to see in their magazine.
We listened. We talked. And we brainstormed.
And then we worked with the award-winning Studio Wyse to help us capture everything you wanted in a bold design that reflects the Queen’s University of the future.
The end result is a reimagined Queen’s Alumni Review with a new look and, we hope, a new feel.
In this, Queen’s University’s 180th year, there seemed to be no better time to look back with pride and embrace the change of the future. We hope the new Queen’s Alumni Review will help you do both.
Inside you’ll find:
• More stories about the incredible research that’s happening right now at Queen’s – whether it’s well established or an exciting proposal about to make waves
• Greater diversity and new perspectives to better reflect the Queen’s community
• The Big Picture – a new feature that will take you inside the lab and into the field to unlock secrets of technology and research that are changing the world around us
• If These Walls Could Talk – a walk down memory lane as alumni tell the stories of life in the houses that are landmarks of the University District (be sure to send us your stories!)
• For the Record – a Q&A that lets you hear the full story from the source, in his or her own words
• Profiles – people who are changing the world, and wearing the tricolour with pride, whether they’re describing how they landed their dream career, how they got their start, or what it took to get to where they are today
• Plus bigger photos, new voices and all your regular favourites, such as Class Notes, Books, and Campus News