Sylvia Rosen, with the support of Merle and Philip Koven, Harvey Rosen and Sharon Monson, and Merrill and Wayne Rosen, has endowed a permanent symposium, seminar, and conference series in Jewish Studies at Queen's University. The purpose of these programs is to stimulate a greater awareness for Jewish Studies at Queen's and in the Kingston community, its role in the arts and sciences, and its relationship with general cultural developments.
Past Rosen Symposia
- 2017: Professor Vassili Schedrin (Queen's University, Kingston), March 5th, 13th, 20th,; "Russian Jews on Screen. Jewish Experience in Imperial and Societ Russia through the Lends of a Movie Camera," Film Festival.
- 2016: Professor Donatella di Cesare, (La Sapienza, Rome); 27 September, "Heidegger and the Jews"; 28 September, "Heidegger's Metaphyscial Anti-Semitism", 29 September "Exiled in Language".
- 2015: Roald Hoffmann, "Something that Belongs to You".
- 2014: Rembrandt & Religion symposium.
- 2010: 100 Years of Jewish Life in Kingston Upcoming Rosen Symposium.
- 2004: Hasidic Tales.
- 2003: Music, Culture, and Peoplehood: Jewish Soul and Jewish Song.
- 2000: Jewish Music.
- 1998: The Pharisee Symposium.
- 1994: Judaism and Folklore.