Report Non-Academic Misconduct

Who can submit a report of Non-Academic Misconduct? 

If you are a student, staff, or faculty at Queen’s University, you may submit a report of Non-Academic Misconduct using the information below. Only those reports assessed as within the scope of the Code are referred to a NAM Unit. If your report is referred, you may receive a request to meet with a Case Manager regarding your report.

While anonymous complaints may be received, Queen's will have a limited ability to respond to such complaints.

Reports received from general members of the public are typically not resolved through the Non-Academic Misconduct system. General members of the public may submit reports of misconduct to local authorities or to Campus Security and Emergency Services.

How can you submit a report?

When submitting a report of Non-Academic Misconduct, consider the nature of the incident to determine the most appropriate office:  

Campus Security and Emergency Services

Phone: (613) 533-6733 (24/7 Non-Emergency)

Residence Conduct Office

Phone: (613) 533-6000 ext. 32965

Athletics & Recreation Conduct Office

Phone: (613) 533-6000 ext. 77993

The University Secretary receives all written Complaints and Reports on behalf of the University. The mandate of the University Secretary does not include providing advisory services to employees or students about Harassment and Discrimination or about procedural issues related to this Policy and its Procedures.

The following options are available:


For information and advice related to the Harassment and Discrimination Policy and Procedures:

Human Rights Advisory Services

Request a Consultation

Phone: (613) 533-6886


For information about University processes and procedural issues:

Office of the University Ombudsperson


Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Coordinator (Barb Lotan)

Phone: (613) 533-6330

Students, staff, and faculty are encouraged to submit a report by contacting the appropriate office as outlined above. Alternatively, reports may be submitted directly to the Non-Academic Misconduct Intake Office (NAMIO) by completing the form below and emailing it to

Students who wish to make a report to the Non-Academic Misconduct system are strongly encouraged to consult with a Reporting Unit or email prior to submitting a report directly. Additionally, the NAM Intake Office (NAMIO) can answer general questions about the NAM process.

We want you to feel confident about how to properly complete an incident report form prior to submission. We can assist you with: understanding the role of being a Complainant; what documentation may be helpful to include, depending on the nature of the incident; and general questions about the NAM process.

Campus Security and Emergency Services, the Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Coordinator, and the Human Rights and Equity Office have information and resources to support students impacted by an incident of Non-Academic Misconduct.

Students requiring information about additional supports and resources may also contact

 Non-Academic Misconduct Incident Report Form (PDF 80 KB)


What might you be asked when you submit a report?

    When making a report of Non-Academic Misconduct, you may be asked about:

    • Date/time of the incident
    • Location of the incident
    • Nature of the incident
    • Names of the people involved

    What happens after you submit a report? 

    After you submit a report of Non-Academic Misconduct, you may be contacted by the assigned case manager with a request to meet. The case manager may review the complaint and ask for some additional information. You may be able to request general updates on the case. All cases are unique and the interaction with the case manager may vary based on the circumstances of the case. 

    You are strongly encouraged to seek support through:

    Campus and Community Supports