Non-Academic Misconduct

Non-Academic Misconduct

site header

Report Non-Academic Misconduct

Who can submit a report of Non-Academic Misconduct? 

If you are a student, staff, or faculty at Queen’s University, you may submit a report of Non-Academic Misconduct using the information below. Only those reports assessed as within the scope of the Code are referred to a Reporting Unit. If your report is referred, you may receive a request to meet with a Case Manager regarding your report.

While anonymous complaints may be received, Queen's will have a limited ability to respond to such complaints.

Reports received from general members of the public are typically not resolved through the Non-Academic Misconduct system. General members of the public may submit reports of misconduct to local authorities or to Campus Security and Emergency Services.

How can you submit a report of Non-Academic Misconduct?

When submitting a report, consider the nature of the incident to determine the most appropriate office:  

General Non-Academic Misconduct

Campus Security and Emergency Services

Phone: (613) 533-6733 (24/7 Non-Emergency)

Misconduct in Residence

Residence Conduct Office


Phone: (613) 533-6000 ext. 32965

Misconduct in a sport-related context

Athletics & Recreation Conduct Office


Phone: (613) 533-6000 ext. 77993

Misconduct related to harassment or discrimination based on the grounds of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, and gender identity, or other similar grounds

Human Rights and Equity Office


Phone: (613) 533-6886

Misconduct related to sexual violence

Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Coordinator


Phone: (613) 533-6330

Students, staff, and faculty are encouraged to submit a report by contacting the appropriate office as outlined above. Alternatively, reports may be submitted directly to the Non-Academic Misconduct Intake Office by completing the form below and emailing it to

Students who wish to make a report to the Non-Academic Misconduct system are strongly encouraged to consult with a Reporting Unit or email prior to submitting a report directly. We want you to feel confident about how to properly complete an incident report form prior to submission, including what constitutes the role of a Complainant compared with a Reporter or Witness, and what documentation may be helpful for different incident types.

Campus Security and Emergency Services, Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Coordinator, and the Human Rights and Equity Office have information and resources to support students impacted by an incident of Non-Academic Misconduct.

Students requiring information about additional supports and resources may also contact

What might you be asked when you submit a report of Non-Academic Misconduct?

When making a complaint of Non-Academic Misconduct, you may be asked about:

  • Date/time of the incident
  • Location of the incident
  • Nature of the incident
  • Names of the people involved

What happens after you submit a report of Non-Academic Misconduct? 

After you submit a report, you may be contacted by the assigned case manager with a request to meet. The case manager may review the complaint and ask for some additional information. You may be able to request general updates on the case. All cases are unique and the interaction with the case manager may vary based on the circumstances of the case. 

You are strongly encouraged to seek support through: