Download Intelligent Agents Tool PDF.
What are Intelligent Agent?
An intelligent agent is software that assists instructors, administrators and students, and acts on their behalf by providing a quick and automated notification. This allows people to delegate work that they could have done to the agent software.
What can you use them for?
- Send automatic reminders to students, i.e. not logging in to D2L or lack of course entry.
- Message after a poor performance, i.e. get their attention, encourage to seek extra help.
- Message after a good performance.
- If you copy courses from one course to another, the Agents will be copied, but their individual settings will not be.
- The Agents will also be disabled by default after being copied over.
The following video provides step-by-step instructions on how to create an intelligent agent for your course.
- Log onto your course homepage on onQ.
- Click on the Course Admin option.
- Select Intelligent Agents, under the Communication heading.
- Click on New to create a new Agent.
- Fill out desired fields (make sure there is a checkmark on Agent is enabled to be able to work).