What is Panopto?
- Panopto is an easy-to-use video recording tool and streaming tool that instructors can use to create and manage videos in your courses.
- Instructors can also assign a Video Assignments that allow for the use of Panopto by students to create a video and submit it to an onQ Assignment folder for grading and feedback.
NOTE: onQ is the Queen's University name for Brightspace.
Access to video in your onQ course may have been given using one of the following methods:
1. Panopto Video Folder
This folder is located under the Content area of your course and will contain all videos associated with your course.
2. Panopto Quicklink
This will be a direct link in a course module to a video.
- How to View a Video
- Learn About the Features of the Video Viewer
- Learn About the Features of the Embedded Video Viewer
- How to Change the Video Format in the Embedded Player
- How to Navigate the Video Library
- How to Download the Slides from a Video
- How to Download a Video as an MP4
- How to Use Discussions in Videos
- How to Use Ratings
- How to Subscribe to a Video Creator, Folder, or Tag
- How to Create and Access Bookmarks
- How to Take a Quiz
- Learn About Accessibility Features
- How to Change Caption Style and Language While Viewing
- Learn About Keyboard Shortcuts for Video Viewing
- How to Use the Panopto Mobile App
- How to Use Video Preview (Beta)
- How to View 360-Degree Videos
- How to Edit a Video
- Learn About the Video Editor
- How to Trim a Video in the Editor
- How to Change the Name of a Video
- How to Change Video Descriptions in the Editor
- How to Change a Video's Thumbnail Image
- How to Add, Edit, and Delete Table of Contents Entries in a Video
- How to Use Smart Chapters
- How to Add, Edit, and Delete Slides in the Editor
- How to Allow Viewers to Download Your Slide Presentation
- How to Use the Focus Tool in the Editor
- How to Use Audio Normalization
- How to Add Audio Descriptions