QUAQE (Queen’s University Association for Queer Employees) was established as an official Employee Resource Group (ERG) at Queen’s University in 2020. QUAQE has the following purpose/mandate:
- Supplying information and resources for 2SLGBTQ+ employees of Queen’s at varying career and queer stages (new employees, newly queer/coming out employees, long-term employees, past employees).
- Developing a community from which to organize and advocate.
- Building a robust social and supportive community for Queer Employees at Queen’s which will act as a recruitment and retention strategy.
- Partnering with other ERGs through mentorship activities for career advancement, networking, and community supports (recognizing our intersectionality as employees).
- Providing professional development support to 2SLGTBQ+ employees through guest speakers, networking, and skills.