To be an incoming international undergraduate exchange student, you must be nominated by your home university.
Activate your NetID
If you haven’t already done so, activate your NetID! Your Queen’s NetID is used to access SOLUS, which has important information, including your To Do List.
To activate your NetID, you will need the Queen's Student ID number that was emailed to you.
Check your SOLUS Student Centre
Your SOLUS account may be updated frequently throughout the application cycle, so it is important to review it often. Any required documents you need to send to our office will show as "initiated" on the To Do List and will be removed once received.
Please note: Before accessing your SOLUS Student Centre, wait at least 30 minutes after activating your NetID.
Steps to log into SOLUS Student Centre:
- Go to my.queensu.ca.
- Select SOLUS Student Centre.
- Enter your NetID and type @queensu.ca. NOTE: Even though you don’t have an activated Queen’s email address, you will still need to add @queensu.ca after your NetID. For example: email@example.com.
- Enter your NetID password to access your SOLUS Student Centre account.
Confirm your contact information
Please ensure that we have your permanent contact information. It will be used if you are required to obtain a study permit and when you are entering Canada. Please email Nathan Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org with any changes/updates.
Note: Your permanent address is your address while you are not attending school (such as your family address).
Send your transcript and other required documents.
Arrange for your official transcript and supporting documentation to be emailed or faxed from your Home University Exchange Coordinator to:
Admission and Registration Coordinator, International Exchanges
Fax: + 1-613-533-6810
All supporting documents, including official transcripts, English-language proficiency test scores and any faculty-specific supporting documents, must be sent by your home university. Emailed documents will be accepted if they come directly from your home institution's international office.
Supporting documents should be sent to Queen’s University as soon as possible, and:
- by April 30 for September entry
- by September 30 for January entry.
If you have academic questions or concerns about your program, please email one of the following contacts according to your area of study:
- Faculty of Arts and Science: Margaret Maliszewska (Exchange Coordinator) email@example.com
- Faculty of Education: Nadya Allen (Manager, International) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science: Julie Hao (International Student Experience Associate) email@example.com
- Faculty of Law: Christina Ulian (Program Coordinator, Exchange) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Smith School of Business: Centre for International Management email@example.com