We look forward to connecting with you! Due to the ongoing pandemic many events will be held online.
Monday & Wednesday, 12:00 pm–1:00 pm via Zoom
Join Ban Righ staff, students, and friends in a casual drop in to say hi, or to stay to chat. It's a good way to check in, see some familiar faces, and meet some new people too! We will post the link on Facebook each day as a reminder.
Meeting ID: 932 5713 2358
Get Up and Stretch!
Monday - Thursday, 11am and 2pm via Zoom
Many of us fail to get up regularly from our work spaces to stretch and move around. This is even of greater concern while many of us work from less than ergonomically correct work spaces at home. Join BRC staff on Zoom for some ‘good old camaraderie’ and 10 minutes of simple stretching at 11 am and 2pm, Monday through Thursday.
Meeting ID: 974 2039 1806
Relax and Breathe
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 12pm via Zoom
Would you benefit from a ten minute breathing meditation to relax, foster self-compassion and develop a peaceful mind?We will be hosting a ten minute meditation session at noon on Tuesdays and Thursdays facilitated by Lisa.
These sessions are for everyone. No experience required.
Meeting ID: 932 5713 2358
Past Special Events
2021 Ban Righ Foundation Spring Awards
Took place on Thursday, April 29
Honoured the determination, character, and achievements of mature women students at Queen's.
Awards and bursaries were given in several categories during this virtual ceremony.
Inspiring Women: Together in 2020 Award Recipients
Join us to celebrate this year's Ban Righ Inspiring Women Awards Winners!
- Dr. Beverley Mullings, Co-recipient Ban Righ Foundation Mentorship Award
- Dr. Habibe Burcu Baba, Co-recipient, Ban Righ Foundation Mentorship Award
- Dr. Terri-Lynn Brennan, Ban Righ Foundation Community Leadership Award
We have a lot of people to thank for making the Inspiring Women: Together in 2020 event such a success. And by success, we feel that the event brought us together in a meaningful way. We could all use a lot more of that today.
- There are so many people to thank: All of the nominators who felt so strongly about the impacts their ‘people’ have on others and the community
- The award recipients for the work they do and also, for their heartfelt acceptances and acknowledgments
- All who participated in the video; Sanober, Sadia, Abby and Joel and Mel Cote
- The exceptional technical team; Kris Abbott, Janice McLean, Jesse and Aaron at the Isabel, and our own Nikisha Grant Ridley of the Ban Righ Centre
- A huge thanks to everyone who tuned in and connected Wednesday night. What a wonderful feeling to be together in celebration. Thank you for your contribution to this one-of-a-kind community
And finally, we’d like to express our sincere thanks to the original donor for making this event possible.
With gratitude, the BRC team