Celebrating stellar staff
December 5, 2014
Queen’s University will applaud the exemplary contributions of staff members during the annual appreciation day on Tuesday, Dec. 16.
“As many of us take stock of the past year, Staff Appreciation Day is a fitting time to reflect on and celebrate the vital contributions staff members made to Queen’s over the past 12 months,” says Al Orth, Associate Vice-Principal (Human Resources). “It’s my hope Queen’s staff members take some time out of their busy schedules to participate in the events and activities planned for Dec. 16.”
Staff members can present their employee ID card at all Sodexo outlets in the morning of Dec. 16 to receive a free medium hot beverage.
Several events are planned throughout the day including tours of the Phytotron, Miller Museum, Agnes Etherington Art Centre and Summerhill/Benidickson House. There will also be free fitness classes offered in the Athletics and Recreation Centre (ARC).
The full schedule of events will be posted on the Human Resources website. Staff members are asked to sign-up for the activities in advance through the Human Resources Learning Catalogue. Registration opens on Monday, Dec. 8.
Principal Daniel Woolf has also invited the Queen’s community to his holiday reception on that day from 11:30 am until 1:30 pm in the ARC. He will present the staff recognition awards beginning at 12:30 pm to the following seven individuals and one team:
- Kenneth Ball, Faculty of Education
- Debra Easter, Student Affairs
- Lee Hancock, Information Technology Services
- Matthew King, Social Program Evaluation Group
- Marjorie Lambert, Mathematics and Statistics
- Elizabeth Racine, Health, Counselling and Disability Services
- Brenda Schamehorn, Biology
- Team Award – Maritza Bailey, Kate Cowperthwaite, Tina McKenna, Oscar Rielo, Perry Ross and Larry Steele, Robert M. Buchan Department of Mining
A free shuttle bus between Duncan McArthur Hall and the ARC will operate every half hour between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm.