For the Record – Feb. 17, 2022
February 17, 2022
For the Record provides postings of appointment, committee, grant, award, and other notices set out by collective agreements and university policies and processes. It is the university’s primary vehicle for sharing this information with our community.
Submit For the Record information for posting to Gazette editor Andrew Carroll.
Headship Review Committee, Department of Psychiatry
Claudio Soares’ first term as Head of the Department of Psychiatry will end on June 30, 2022, and Dr. Soares has indicated that he is willing to be considered for reappointment. In accordance with the Modified Reappointment Process for Heads of Clinical Departments which was approved by Senate on Sept. 28, 1995 and last revised in July 2001, a Joint Committee has been established to provide advice to the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic) of Queen’s University and the Chief Executive Officer of Providence Care on the reappointment of Dr. Soares and the present state and future prospects of the Department.
The membership of the Committee will include:
- Dr. Diane Lougheed (co-chair), Vice-Dean Clinical, Faculty of Health Sciences
- Dr. Roumen Milev (co-chair), Vice-President Medical and Academic Affairs
- Dr. Michael Fitzpatrick, Chief of Staff & Executive Vice President Medical and Academic Affairs, Kingston Health Sciences Centre
- Dr. Tariq Hassan, Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry
- Dr. Archana Patel, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry
- Dr. Bradley Stoner, Head, Department of Public Health Sciences
- Dr. Shadé Miller, Chief Resident, Queen’s University
- Dr. Ahila Vithiananthan, Chief Resident, Queen’s University
- Kristy Lodewyks, Secretary, Faculty of Health Sciences
At this time, faculty, staff, students, residents and all other members of the hospital and university communities, are invited to submit their comments, in writing, on the present state and future prospects of the Department of Psychiatry and your degree of support for the reappointment of Dr. Soares as department head. Written submissions are to be directed to the co-chairs in c/o Taylor Bentley, Staffing Officer at email@example.com or via this Form Submission.
While submissions will be accepted throughout the reappointment process, it will be advantageous for the committee to have them early on. Responses received will remain confidential and will be shared only with the members of the review committee; anonymous submissions will not be considered.