For the Record – Nov. 11, 2021
November 11, 2021
For the Record provides postings of appointment, committee, grant, award, and other notices set out by collective agreements and university policies and processes. It is the university’s primary vehicle for sharing this information with our community.
Submit For the Record information for posting to Gazette editor Andrew Carroll.
Selection Committee appointed for Head, Department of Geography and Planning
Dr. Paul Treitz’s term as Interim Head of the Department of Geography and Planning is scheduled to end on June 30, 2022. Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic) Mark Green has appointed a Selection Committee to advise him on the appointment of the next head. The Selection Committee has the following membership:
- Ajay Agarwal, Associate Professor, Department of Geography and Planning
- Rachael Baker, Assistant Professor, Department of Geography and Planning
- Dan Cohen, Assistant Professor, Department of Geography and Planning
- Ryan Danby, Associate Professor, Department of Geography and Planning
- Mark Rosenberg, Professor, Department of Geography and Planning
- Jonathan Rose Cognate Faculty, Professor, Department of Political Studies
John Bond, Coordinator, Computer Support, Department of Geography and Planning
- Rachel Kuzmich, Graduate Student, Department of Geography and Planning
- Mathie Smith, Undergraduate Student, Department of Geography and Planning
- Chris DeLuca, Associate Dean, School of Graduate Studies
- Lynda Jessup (Chair), Vice-Dean, Faculty of Arts and Science
- Danielle Gugler (Secretary), Faculty of Arts and Science
Pursuant to Articles 41.3 and 41.3.6 of the Collective Agreement between Queen’s University Faculty Association and Queen’s University at Kingston, the provost invites comments on the present state and future prospects of the Department of Geography and Planning by Nov. 26, 2021. The provost also asks those interested to submit names of possible candidates for the headship. Please send all comments, in confidence, to the attention of Danielle Gugler. All letters will be reviewed by the Selection Committee and will become part of the record of decision-making.
At the request of either the department members or the committee, a meeting can be arranged between the department and the committee to ascertain the department’s views on the qualities of a head. Once a short list has been established, it will be distributed to members of the Department for further input on the merits of the respective candidate(s).