Queen's Gazette | Queen's University

Search form

University resources related to London

Queen’s University is shocked and saddened by the tragic events which took place in London, United Kingdom on June 3rd.

The university has reached out to all students who are currently in England who are registered with the Queen’s University International Centre. We extend our support to our students and are closely monitoring the situation.

Parents and family members

If you are a parent or family member with a student abroad on a university program please do not hesitate to call the Queen’s University International Centre at 613-539-7220 or email kotechaj@queensu.ca and we will provide you with updated information as it is available and refer you to the appropriate office on campus, as needed.

Family members can contact the Global Affairs Canada Emergency Watch Centre in Ottawa for further information or assistance. Emergency Watch and Response Centre (international toll free number) 00 800 2326 6831 or Call collect – 001 (613) 996 8885 or email sos@international.gc.ca.

Faculty and Staff

The university also asks any faculty or staff in London who have not already done so to contact their department heads or the Queen’s University International Centre to inform them of their status.

Support for faculty and staff is available through the Employee and Family Assistance Program at 1.800.663.1142 or 1.866.398.9505.


  • For students currently in the United Kingdom, if you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact the Queen’s University International Centre via email at kotechaj@queensu.ca.
    We also encourage you to contact the Canadian Embassy in the United Kingdom or email sos@international.gc.ca. Please also contact your family and friends to let them know if you are safe if you haven't already done so.

  • Please be mindful of your surroundings, carry your Queen’s emergency card, and monitor the GAC Country Profile for the United Kingdom at https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/united-kingdom.

  • Students who are citizens of countries other than Canada should contact their appropriate government representatives.

  • Support for students at Queen’s is available through Student Wellness Services at 613-533-2506 or by dropping in at 146 Stuart Street.

The university will provide updates to this information as necessary.